Flexibility this Winter is key!
Winter classes will be held online via Zoom unless the temperature is 40 degrees or above. Erin will communicate with enrolled families weekly to confirm whether class is online or outdoor for the particular week.
Masks are encouraged in our Outdoor classes. Classes will be held in our gated Courtyard if the weather when the weather is dry and is 40 degrees or above. We will have a propane heater outside to help on chillier mornings.
Outdoor classes will be small to help maintain social distancing. They will not exceed 8 families, or 20 people.
Families enrolled in our in-person Outdoor classes MUST sign a Health History Review and a COVID-19 Waiver before attending their first class.
Please note: Zoom links will be available for all in-person, Outdoor classes in order to join us virtually from your home.
Each registered family receives:
- One Live Outdoor or Online 45-minute class per week for 9-weeks
- On-demand, recorded classes via the RMT Family Portal on our website. At least 2 classes will be recorded and uploaded to the Portal in case you miss class, or if you just need an extra class during the week.
- Professionally recorded CD, digital access to the semester's music on the Hello Everybody app, & a beautifully illustrated songbook
- NEW this Winter--A Live, Online Singalong with Uncle Gerry (a beloved recording artist in our Music Together® song collections)!
- Access to our private Facebook Group, Riverside Music Together Friends & Family, where resources, craft ideas, and bonus song videos are shared multiple times a week.
- Access to our NEW RMT Family Portal, including educational videos, activity & coloring sheets, and more.
- A variety of digital educational resources from Music Together Worldwide
- 2 wrist jingle bells per family
Wait! More Screen Time?
We know screen time isn’t generally recommended for young children, but here’s the difference: YOU!
When children stare at a screen and passively receive information, they don’t take it in the same way nor do they learn in the same way as when they have the active participation of a caregiver or parent. So, just like in our classes, you’re still the most important part. A teacher will be on the screen, but it is truly the interaction of the parent/caregiver with the child that will support their music development! We will give you lots of fun activities and ideas to do at home!
Also, please remember, children do not generally sit still! We don’t expect them to do so in class, so please don’t expect them to at home! You just keep making music with the teacher on the screen, follow along, and have faith your child is getting a ton of info and education from your involvement, even if they move about the room!
Tuition for Outdoor and Online classes is $170 for a family with one child. There is no sibling fee for online classes. Mobile siblings in Outdoor classes have a $45 fee. Families who also enroll in a Rhythm Kids class receive a $70 discount.
We offer a payment plan of 2 or 3 installments, and we have a scholarship program, as well. It's a challenging time for everyone right now, so please don't let finances keep you from joining our community.
Visit our classes page for a complete Winter semester schedule!
Questions? Contact us!